|Simplot - Process Specialist Manager (Food Group - West Memphis, AR or Charleroi, PA)|
|West Memphis or Charelroi|
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy.
This Process Specialist Manager will be responsible for leading, directing, and
managing Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement processes throughout the Food Group -
Emerging Business Unit Facilities, resulting in cost and/or quality improvements
that advance the business. The incumbent will apply knowledge of Six Sigma
processes to direct, lead, and support multi-disciplinary improvement processes
that require evaluation, planning, implementation, and follow-up. This manager
will lead root- cause analysis, provide analytical and financial
analyses/studies, and drive non-capital improvements leveraging available
improvement tools such as Six Sigma and Lean.
The person in this position will
identify opportunities for continuous improvement of process lines and overall
plant operations by reviewing plant performance and making recommendations to
the Capital Plan that drive performance and efficiencies. This manager will
direct the coordination and management of individual plant Process Specialists
and all defined and/or group initiated process improvement activities,
personnel, and other resources involved in the analysis, planning,
implementation, documentation and support of Emerging Business Unit operations
process improvement projects.
This position reports to the Emerging Business
Unit - Sr. Project Director –Manufacturing.
The incumbent will be located and
work out of the West Memphis plant location and will be required to travel up to
- Directs the coordination and management of EBU factory Processes Specialists,
who report directly to this position. Ensures performance development process
(PDP) for direct reports is administered as required and that individual goals
and development needs are identified and monitored for performance and feedback.
- Works closely with facility Unit Directors and their staffs to help develop,
coach, and lead multifunctional teams to work on projects at the facilities in
order to make improvements to operational performance, product quality, and
- Actively recruits, develops, and provides direction and assistance to
individuals at the plant locations interested in obtaining Six Sigma Green Belt
certification. Provides analysis, recommendations for improvement, reporting,
and technical oversight/support to all Six Sigma certified employees and their
- Supports the strategic plan for J.R. Simplot Company Food Group; mentors and
advises project specialist’s and plant management on prioritizing, charting, and
launching projects that support the strategic direction of the Emerging Business
- Assists plants in developing plans to integrate the Six Sigma approach into
the business strategy and deliver enhancements resulting in cost, quality, and
- Apply and Teach Six Sigma and Lean Process tools and methods to improve
management processes: Will use and teach tools and apply management process
knowledge and methods to the factory Process Specialists and Green Belts and
subject matter experts for Six Sigma and Lean projects.
- Monitors and ensures that Lean Processing and Six Sigma Breakthrough Steps are
Correctly Applied: Monitors and ensures that factory Process Specialist and
Green Belts are actively applying the Lean Processing and Six Sigma breakthrough
steps in a correct manner to solve chronic problems, remove waste, and to plan
new services of products. Will monitor the progress and ensure that each
location is aligning projects with business objectives and the strategic plan.
- Ensures the interface with support personnel or groups is conducted in a
participative management style that is conductive with operational goals.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner, ensuring confidentiality regarding
sensitive issues and ensuring personnel appearance meets the standards necessary
to perform the job function while representing the Company.
- Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management are
handled in a manner necessary to meet operational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business
Administration, Engineering Management, Food Science, or a related field.
- Must have Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – Juran Institute Trained. Master
Black Belt Certification - Juran Institute Trained – is preferred.
- Prior work experience as Process Specialist or four plus years of related
experience and/or training.
- Knowledge in the areas of Lean Manufacturing, Juran Six Sigma, K-T Project
Management, statistics, production methods, quality standards, food processing
GMP’s with food processing experience, preferably in a USDA-inspected food
processing environment, is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for
meeting the minimum requirements.
- Must have demonstrated expense savings from Six Sigma projects of significant
size (upwards of $500K -$1.0 million).
- Must display leadership capabilities including and not limited to having
positive energy, the ability to energize others, the ability to make tough
decisions, and the ability to execute our strategy. Must be a recognized
cultural change leader.
- Must be able to express and present ideas effectively in individual and group
situations; set high goals and standards of excellence in procedures and
performance for self, subordinates and the organization; work effectively with
teams and work groups of those inside and outside the formal line of authority.
- Successful candidates must possess the ability to write reports, technical
procedures and effectively present information to groups and customers.
- Incumbent will be required to potentially work weekends and off shifts. Must
be flexible and willing to alter schedule on a short notice.
How to Apply
How to Apply
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Click on Search Jobs & Apply
- Click on All open positions
- Apply to Job ID# 732 – Process Specialist Manager (Food Group – West Memphis,
AR or Charleroi, PA)
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and
submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For
best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at
least 20 minutes when you apply.
Please Note: When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it
will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website.
|April 02, 2012 |
Respond no later than
|May 16, 2012 |