|Idaho Crop Improvement Association, INC - Seed Inspection Supervisor|
|- not in PotatoPro directory-|
Position Summary: Acting under the direction of the SE Area Manager
and Assistant Area Manager the seed inspection supervisor acts as the
principle field representative for the certified seed program in
eastern Idaho and inspects all crops according to the Idaho Rules of
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field inspection of certified crops including, but not limited to,
grain, beans, alfalfa, clover, grass, canola and potatoes.
- Recruit and train part-time inspection staff when necessary.
- Report on condition of fields according to certification standards in
- Prepare and execute field inspection reports, sampling reports, mapping
and expense records electronically.
- Promote good public relations with approved conditioners, growers and
- Must complete inspections and reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as an official sampler, run purity samples and determine eligibility
for tagging under the Idaho Rules of Certification.
- Will also be responsible for printing tags for eligible seed lots.
- Work on specific assignments as directed by the SE Area Manager,
Assistant Area Manager and/or the Executive Vice President.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Seed Inspection Supervisor must have a working knowledge of the
seed certification programs and have the ability to read maps and
locate fields within a given area.
Recognition of disease expression and crop mixture is essential.
Must be able to work independently.
Must attend all training sessions each year to update knowledge of
diseases, and new varieties being introduced.
Must promote certified seed and be able to interpret the Idaho Rules
Attention to detail in all areas of reporting is essential.
Good written and oral communication skills.
Good organizational skills.
Qualifications: BS degree in agriculture or related field. Two or
more years experience in seed production or seed certification. Some
management experience is preferred.
Special Requirements: Must maintain a valid Idaho Drivers License
and have a good driving record. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and
ability to work within the ICIA data base for field and lot records.
Must be able to lift 75 pounds. Must be able to sit for extended
periods of time during seed testing.
How to Apply
This position is located in Idaho Falls, Idaho and has the potential for
advancement to a management level depending on performance.
Persons interested in applying for this position may send a letter of interest
and resume to Mr. Douglas Boze, 1680 Foote Dr., Idaho Falls, ID 83402 by April
27, 2012. This information may also be sent by email to, email@example.com
include salary expectations.
|April 13, 2012 |
Respond no later than
|May 27, 2012 |