|Director of Promotions, Communication & Consumer Education|
|Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association (WPVGA)|
Promotional Program Activities
- Responsible for management of WPVGA promotional
activities for fresh, seed and process market segments.
- Supervision and implementation of advertising,
publicity, trade show activities and cooperative programming.
- Develop and implement educational programming
for our growers and shippers including on-going food safety and traceability programs.
- Serve as WPVGA staff liaison with the Fresh
Marketing Committee, Wisconsin Potato Growers Auxiliary and United of Wisconsin / America.
- Develop and coordinate promotional materials and
activities in-house and with advertising agencies.
- Work with agencies such as the U.S. Potato
Board, DATCP, Buy Local, Buy WI, Something Special from WI, (also WI Restaurant and Grocers Assns’) for grower education, promotion and market development purposes.
- Promote and support the Healthy Grown Program.
- Create and maintain a successful public
- Be a key contributor and organizer of our
electronic newsletter, Tater Talk.
- Develop and disseminate press releases related
- Promotional Programming
- Agricultural Related Public / Publicity Updates
- Farm News
- Industry News
- Political Activity
- Developing cooperative relationships and
programs with potential promotional partners.
- Identify, write and successfully participate in
available grant writing programs such as the USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant Program.
- Evaluate programs and gather feedback from key
market audiences to help determine future marketing direction.
- Maintain a good working relationship with growers and shippers of Wisconsin potatoes.
- Serve as Chip Committee liaison.
- Coordinate and oversee Chip Division meetings
- Serve as Vegetable Committee liaison.
- Coordinate and oversee Vegetable Division
- Provide contract analysis on process
vegetable crops (peas, beans and sweet corn) for grower informational purposes.
The Promotion Director should have three years of experience in promotion,
communication and / or marketing, preferably with a bachelor’s degree in
communication and / or marketing. The individual must be a team player with a
positive attitude and a strong communicator possessing good public relations
skills. The individual must also be highly motivated with excellent organizational
skills. This individual must possess analytical proficiency, with strong computer
skills. A working knowledge of agriculture is helpful. This position requires both
local and nation-wide travel with some work occurring on weekends.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume to: WPVGA Promotions Director, P.O. Box 327, Antigo, WI 54409.
|August 29, 2012 |
Respond no later than
|November 29, 2012 |