ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading packaged food companies, today released its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report, providing a detailed look at the company's efforts to nourish its employees, give back to the community, and protect the environment while driving economic gains for its stakeholders.
ConAgra Foods' 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report covers specific initiatives underway within each plank of the company's corporate responsibility platform: "Good for You. Good for the Community. Good for the Planet." The report provides detail on the progress the company has made since it issued its last report in 2010. It also identifies opportunities for improvement in the future.
Conagra Foods Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2011
"Our 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report provides stakeholders with a clear look at the issues most material to ConAgra Foods' business and the actions we are taking to be a responsible corporate citizen," said Chris Kircher, vice president, Corporate Affairs and president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. "We are a company committed to making everyday foods in extraordinary ways. We believe that doing the right thing for our communities and the environment is central to that mission."
Highlights from ConAgra Foods' 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- a comprehensive health and nutrition platform, focusing on portion and calorie control, dietary variety, and heart health;
- improved safety performance, with 18 facilities achieving no recordable injuries;
- LEED(R) Platinum certification for the company's new sweet potato facility in Delhi, La.;
- a zero-waste status at 12 facilities that account for more than 70 percent of ConAgra Foods' total waste generation;
- a consumer call-to-action with ConAgra Foods' Child Hunger Ends Here campaign,
- a first-ever employee Day of Service week; and,
- recognition of the company's ongoing corporate responsibility commitment, including a listing for the first time on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America.
In preparing the 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report, ConAgra Foods followed the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Food Sector supplement. ConAgra Foods has self-declared a "B" application level for its 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report. More information on the GRI initiative is available at http://www.globalreporting.org
All data in the report reflects ConAgra Foods' fiscal year 2011, which ended May 29, 2011. The report covers all company-owned facilities, including some joint ventures. The company plans to publish subsequent updates each year in September, following the publication of the company's Annual Report to Stockholders.
Read/Download ConAgra Foods' 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report