Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc., based in Atlanta, is the franchisor of the Arby's restaurant system, which consists of more than 3,500 restaurants worldwide, and is owner and operator of more than 1,000 of those restaurants located in the United States.
Founded in 1964, Arby's quick service restaurants specialize in offering slow roasted and freshly sliced roast beef sandwiches as well as its Market Fresh® deli-style sandwiches, wraps and salads with the convenience of a drive-thru. Arby's offers guests a unique, great tasting alternative to traditional fast food with its one-of-a-kind menu items including the Beef 'n Cheddar, Curly Fries and Jamocha shakes. Arby's Restaurant Group also owns and operates the T.J. Cinnamons® brand.
Arby's was acquired in July 2011 by Roark Capital Group from Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc and owns 81.5% of the company, with Wendy's Company owning the other 18.5%.
Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.has restaurants in 48 states (not in Vermont and Rhode Island) and five countries (United States, Canada, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar).