Potato Poland 2020 – National Potato Days is one of the most important specialized FOOD & AGRO events in Poland and Europe. A record-breaking number of visitors is expected during the event: 200 exhibitors from 15 countries and 20.000 visitors
Main organizer is Polish Potato Federation, with co-organizers: Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute IHAR PIB BONIN, and Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
In 2020 edition, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development decided to once again co-organize Potato Poland. The decision is closely related to active ministry policy, aimed at raising the profile of Polish agriculture as well as expanding the possibilities of cooperation with foreign markets for Polish agricultural producers and the domestic agri-food industry.
This exhibition-conference event is organized each year around the same time, in a different Polish region.
- integration of Polish potato industry
- opening Polish market to the world
- transfer of knowledge and technology to agricultural producers
- increase in self-esteem of industry participants and its partners
Goals achieved by:
- a significant number of exhibitors from Poland and abroad
- exhibition and conference support by local and central authorities
- active participation in the organization of the exhibition by science sector, agricultural self-governments and representatives of the agri-food industry
The host of the POTATO POLAND 2020 exhibition is Lubków Agricultural Farm, located in the Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Bolesławiec poviat, Warta Bolesławiecka commune.
This region is known for specialized, commercial potato production for processing, commercial networks and exports. The fair will be located near A4 motorway in Lubków. The exhibition will take place on a field of approximately 30 ha, with surrounding farmsteads of total area over 1000 ha.
- fair stands – market halls with an area of 4,000 m2
- 1,000 m2 conference hall with the main stage of the fair
- 1,000 m2 showroom - cooking shows and workshops, brand promotions, test panels
- demonstration plots for producers of fertilizers, plant protection products and seed potatoes
- 20 ha demonstration field - presentation of a potato variety by the main sponsor of the seed-cultivation industry
- demonstration field - demonstrations of tillage machines, planters, stone pickers, combine harvesters etc. including irrigation techniques.
- media zone
- investor for local governments zone
- gastronomic zone
- animation zone for children
Visitors and Exhibitors
The exhibition area will be fenced to guide visitors in accordance with the direction of sightseeing, allowing to fully experience the prepared presentation of exhibitors.
A record-breaking number of visitors is expected during Potato Poland 2020:
- 200 exhibitors from 15 countries
- 20,000 visitors
- a multitude of invited foreign guests from several continents
The turnout will result from the commitment and support of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Jan Krzysztof Ardanowski, the Chancellery of the President of the Republic of Poland, and ministries having a strict impact on the development of the industry, Polish agriculture and Polish exports. With the involvement of many honorary patrons from Poland and abroad.
The event will be accompanied by a culinary festival, with the participation of circles of farm women, famous chefs and restaurateurs as well as media. Culinary and educational workshops for children and youth will take place during the festival. The canon of Polish cuisine will be presented, as well as its modern forms in a global edition.