Photon Systems Instruments (PSI)
PSI (Photon Systems Instruments) is a high-tech company located close to the industrial city of Brno in the southern part of the Czech Republic. For more than 25 years PSI has been specializing in the design and manufacture of sophisticated, high-end instrumentation for research in the biological sciences.
Development and manufacture of high-end instrumentation for research in the biological sciences.
The company is a world expert in manufacturing instrumentation for advanced measurement and imaging of optical signals in plants and algae, particularly in the field of chlorophyll fluorescence/reflectance techniques. The instrumentation we have developed is used for monitoring a wide range of physiological signals from individual cells to mature crop plants.
As the first company to offer a chlorophyll fluorescence imaging system, PSI is at the forefront of digital image acquisition and processing.
Photon Systems Instruments team of professionals comprises numerous plant scientists and engineers with extensive expertise in optics, electronics, software development and automatisation.
At PSI we strive to provide the plant science community with an innovative, ever-broadening range of high-quality scientific instruments to realize research goals.
Currently, PSI's main product lines include:
(1) devices for chlorophyll fluorescence measurement and advanced imaging.
(2) high-tech photobioreactors and other algal cultivators.
(3) intelligent growth chambers and cultivation rooms.
(4) customized PlantScreenTM Phenotyping Systems.
(5) a range of novel LED light sources for plant cultivation and research.
(6) hand-held devices for monitoring chlorophyll fluorescence kinetics, plant reflective indices, and spectral characteristics of natural and artificial light.
In the past few years, we have combined our expertise in plant science, robotics, engineering and software to develop next-generation phenotyping solutions (PlantScreenTM Systems), designed for automated phenotyping (under controlled environments and in the field) of plants ranging from arabidopsis to mature maize.
Photon Systems Instruments new Plant Phenotyping Research Centre is open to visitors who wish to view our technology in action> Fee for service phenotyping is also offered.