Canadians placed more than 5 million orders with french fries last year on SkipTheDishes, and those fries were dipped into a whole lot of sauce. Skip and HEINZ® shared the following stats on exactly what Canadians dipped their fries in the most.
- HEINZ® Ketchup still reigns supreme with Canadians, with nearly 2.5 million different bottles sold in stores across Canada in the month of July alone last year!
- On the Skip network ketchup was also a favourite, ordered alongside over 150,000 orders of fries last year, just behind mayo.
- Ontario took the top spot in 2020, placing more than 730,000 orders of traditional french fries, with Alberta and BC rounding out the top three.
- Sweet potato fries, aka yam fries, were ordered 70,000 times last year, with curly fries and waffle fries accounting for over 171,000 orders!
- Don't forget about our national treasure, poutine! This iconic comfort food was ordered over 3.4 million times on the Skip network last year alone
"Canadians have grown up with HEINZ® Ketchup and we know it's a household staple, but we love to play around with bold and daring flavors. Kitchen 57 is our test kitchen where we can connect directly with customers on Skip and try out some of our more adventurous sauces to keep up with evolving tastes and flavours."If you've been wondering what to do with all those sauces in your fridge, Chef Thomas is offering up his top pairings to explore on National French Fry Day:
- When it comes to classic french fries, only the OG sauce will do—Chef Thomas recommends sticking with classic HEINZ® Ketchup.
- If you're venturing beyond the classics we know and love with waffle or curly fries, Chef Thomas suggests one of HEINZ®'s new Crowdsauced creations inspired by Canadians: Tarchup, Wasabioli, or Hanch.
- Did you think we'd forget about poutine, Canada's most famous french fry export known across the globe? Chef Thomas recommends giving it a twist by adding Mayoracha or Wasabioli for an Asian-style poutine instead of gravy.