Potato Variety Information
Variety Name: CorsicaRights Holder | BreederAGRICO RESEARCH BVCountry of Origin NetherlandsYear of of introduction2016ParentageLADY CLAIRE x ARG 96-0865
The Corsica is a high yielding, high setting chipping variety.
It has shallow eyes, uniform shape, with a light yellow flesh color.
Corsica has very good crisping quality after long term storage.
Plant and tuber
- Maturity: Early maincrop | 5,5
- Tuber shape: Round oval
- Flesh Colour: Light yellow | 6,5
- Tuberisation: Quite high | 7
- Tuber size: Quite large | 7,5
- Skin colour: Yellow
- Flower colour: White
- Number of berries: None | 4
- Foliage: - initial development: Average | 7
- Foliage: - final development: Fast | 8
- Foliage: - selectability: Quite easy | 7
- Foliage: - firmness: Quite firm | 7,5
- Lightsprout colour: Dark red-purple
- Regularity of tuber shape: Regular | 7
- Regularity of size: Regular | 7
- Skin finish: Quite short | 5,5
Corsica is suitable for long term storage. Use of sprout inhibitors is no problem.
Good skin set is recommended. Slightly sensitive to harvest damage.
Use of metribuzin (sencor) is not an issue.
Origin and Breeding History