They are not entirely new, but we now present the LEARN pages on PotatoPro far more prominently:
If you want to know more in-depth information on a topic - beyond what's typically available in the news section -, that's where you want to go.
The LEARN section of PotatoPro is intended to provide more general background information on an potato related topics or products, as a fourth element in addition, to news, companies and products:
- News: The latest news regarding the topic/product
- Companies: Companies manufacturing the specific product
- Products: Actual products that are listed on PotatoPro
- Learn: More general and background information
An example: 'Chips and Snacks'
- News: Product launches, new processing facilities setting up, trends in the sector, what events are coming up (you can filter on any specific geographic location)
- Companies: Companies that are manufacturing chips and snacks (you can filter on any specific geographic location)
- Products: Actual products that you can inquire about or request a quote for.
- Learn: Types of products, how they are produced and requirements of potatoes and/or other ingredients
Invitation to contribute
As we have several hundred terms defined - and are constantly generating new ones - we keep adding more and more content to these LEARN pages and right now, there are still quite a number of LEARN pages with no or limited content. In fact, we want to invite the sector to contribute to this as well: if you are an expert in a specific field, contributing to a corresponding LEARN page is an excellent way to show that you are, or that your company is. We will provide appropriate recognition for your contributions.
Unless specifically indicated otherwise, you can expect that you stay within the same page category. So if you are on Learn about Chips and Snacks and you select French Fries, you will end up on Learn about French Fries and Potato Specialties.
The PotatoPro team