The Central Potato Research Institute is a governmental organisation in India, with the following mandate:
- To undertake basic and strategic research for developing technologies to enhance productivity and utilisation of potato.
- To produce disease-free basic seed of different notified varieties developed by the institute.
- To act as national repository of scientific information relevant to potato.
- To provide leadership and co-ordinate network research with state agricultural universities for generating location and variety-specific technologies and for solving area-specific problems of potato production.
- To collaborate with national and international agencies in achieving the objectives.
- To act as a centre for training in research methodologies and technology for up-grading scientific manpower in modern technologies for potato production.
- To provide consultancy in potato research and develpment.
Central Potato Research Institute, Shimla, HP, India
Nieuws over dit bedrijf