FAM Volantis™ Transverse Slicer
The FAM Volantis™ is perfectly suited for the transverse slicing of a large range of vegetables in slices, shreds and square pieces.
The FAM Volantis™ is designed for precise cutting of elongated and oblong products such as cucumbers, carrots, zucchini, green beans, gherkins, okra, celery, potatoes and firm head varieties of lettuce such as iceberg lettuce, radicchio… up to a diameter of 115 mm. This machine will slice any firm product up to 115 mm (4.5”) in diameter and more compressible leafy-type vegetables up to 160 mm (6.3”) in diameter.
- Precise cutting is taken to a higher level
- Designed to reduce the cost of ownership and to increase productivity
- Great product flexibility and unparalleled ease of operation
- Food safety and operator safety
- Showing how simple maintenance and cleaning can be
- Designed for precise cutting of elongated and oblong products up to a diameter of 115 mm. For compressible loose-leaf lettuce varieties and other leafy type vegetables, the FAM Volantis™ will accept products up to a size of 160 mm. The Transversal Cutting Principle allows precise high speed slicing while maintaining an excellent slicing quality resulting in a very long shelf-life for the fresh sliced products.
- The machine can be fed manually or by any feeding system provided that this system feeds the product to the machine evenly. The wide infeed channel will perfectly align long, slender products towards the slicing wheel. The more than 2 metres long infeed section will contribute to a better orientation of the product. It will align the product perfectly to prevent it from tumbling while it is fed into the slicing wheel.
- A compact touchscreen offers a simplified easy-to-follow operator interface for quick set-up and rapid product changeover. You can store and select your list of cutting applications, including the exact cutting sizes and speeds, making operations easy even for inexperienced operators. Integrated and standard Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) offer a precise speed control and maximum flexibility producing different cut sizes.
- Improved hygiene and cleaning access, reduction of wear parts, easy-to-replace feed belts, increased output will reduce your total cost of ownership (TCO).
- The trapped safety key can only be removed from the control cabinet after all rotary parts have come to a complete stop, which guarantees the safety of your operators.
- The 24 series slicing wheels, in combination with the selected or programmed speed on the VFD‘s of the feed belts and slicing wheel, will maintain the speed of the product while it is being sliced, without the need of motorized hold-down belts for most of the products.
- The high speed of the knives combined with the unique cutting method produces uniform slices with a smooth surface and a minimum of breakage and ragged ends, thus increasing the shelf-life of your products.
- Vegetables & Fruit:
Asparagus, Aubergine, Bamboo shoot, Beet Leaves, Beetroot, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Chicory - endive, Chili Peppers, Chives, Cos lettuce (Romaine lettuce), Cucumber, Curly endive, Eggplant, Fennel, Flat beans, Garden cabbage, Green bean, Horseradish, Iceberg lettuce, Jalapeño pepper, Kiwi, Leek, Lemon, Lemon grass, Lettuce, Lime, Maize - Corn, Mint, Okra, Onion, Orange, Pak Choi, Palm heart, Papaya, Pepper - Capia, Pepper - bell type, Radish, Radish Leaves, Red beetroot (elongated), Romaine lettuce, Salsify, Shallot, Spinach, Spring onion (scallion), Zucchini
- Red Meat:
Bacon, Beef tongue, Frankfurter sausage, Merguez sausage, Pork - belly, Salami
Chicken (cooked), Duck - Smoked Breast
Giant squid - Poton, Seaweed, Squid
Machine Dimensions & Weight:
- Dimensions basic machine (LxWxH) = 3163 x 862 x 1334 mm
- Weight basic machine = 510 kg
- Voltage = 400 V / 460 V
Cut Shapes & Sizes:
- Cut shapes = Flat cut, crinkle cut, julienne, halved slices
- Cut sizes = up to 115 mm for firm vegetables, up to 160 mm for leafy vegetables
- Capacity = up to 6000 kg per hour, depending on product, cutting size and condition