Sales Account Manager responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of B2B accounts to achieve long-term success
- Developing positive relationships and handling customers’ needs
- Generating new sales opportunities by identifying and developing products and services as required by existing customers
- Sign up new customers, mostly through following up with our online leads.
We are looking for a qualified Sales Account Manager to join our virtual international team. You will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with existing customers and generating new sales, mostly in follow up on our online leads.
As a Sales account manager, you will work to satisfy customers’ needs and requests, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. You should have excellent communication skills and be customer service oriented.
You must be able to grow our business by signing up new customers and by building successful, long-term client relationships with existing customers.
You speak English fluently (native speaker) and it helps if you are comfortable with additional languages. Given your international, multicultural portfolio, you are sensitive to cultural differences and able to adapt your approach as needed as well as to navigate different time zones.
Ideally, you are familiar with the potato industry, the food industry or a related sector.
Your international portfolio with customers all over the world will make a strict 9 to 5 working schedule impossible, but you will be able to work from your own home using your high speed internet connection, and schedule your working hours in a flexible way (target 32 hours/week). You are able to perform your work independently with minimal supervision.
To a large extent, you live online, using both desktop/laptop and phone and can easily adjust to new platforms. You are comfortable with platforms such as Email, Slack, Zoom, Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, VK and/or WeChat) Google search and apps.
We will consider candidates independent of location, but we have a preference for candidates located in New Brunswick, Canada.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success
- Develop positive relationships with clients
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Other duties as needed
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Proven work experience as a Sales account manager or Sales account executive
- Familiarity with various types of sales and marketing software
- An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- BSc degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field
About Food Innovation Online Corp
Food Innovation Online Corp (FIO) is a New Brunswick, Canada based company that operates a website targeting the global potato industry. This website - PotatoPro.com - is the #1 website in the potato sector worldwide.
Operating as a virtual company, FIO sells its (service) products worldwide, with customers in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. The company is growing rapidly, as the COVID-19 crisis is increasing demand for online marketing opportunities in the potato sector.
Food Innovation Online Corp is leveraging its strong position in this sector to fill this demand. To benefit from the current situation, the company has launched its new website early and is accelerating development of analytical and marketing capabilities.
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere: you can work from home, provided you have secure high-speed internet access, you can work from home, even on the road.
- Set your own work schedule: You set your own working hours, keeping in mind the working hours of your colleagues and (potential) customers
- A chance to interact with colleagues and customers from all over the world: Although we are headquartered in New Brunswick our team and customers can be found all over the world
- Company growth: As a company, we are growing rapidly and we are convinced we can continue to do that. This is not only exciting to experience as part of the team, it also allows for always new opportunities.
- Individual growth: We are committed to challenge and develop every single employee so they achieve their goals and reach their full potential and believe our company growth creates the perfect opportunity to do so
- Rapid innovation by iteration and optimization: If you are afraid of change, we are not the place for you. We try early and fast. We fail. We tweak and try again. But we are constantly changing and improving to stay on the leading edge.
- Informal and collaborative team environment: we know that we are only as good as our team, so we invest in people and have worked hard to cultivate a great (virtual) work environment.
Submit your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for our company to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your qualifications and motivation trigger our interest, we will follow up with a zoom videoconference.