Intralox DirectDrive System
The DirectDrive™ System (DDS™) spiral technology from Intralox is a flexible, low-energy solution to increase efficiency in can-making plants that functions both single- and bi-directionally.
The positive drive of their elevating and lowering single-directional spiral eliminates misalignment, can be used in wet can areas, and can reduce up to 90% of energy consumption. The bi-directional spiral minimizes downtime caused by product changes, absorbs unplanned downtime, features less machine idling, and protects accumulated cans better with no back pressure.
- Operable in various areas, including wet can, with zero slip
- Enhances energy efficiency by eliminating blowers and filters
- Keeps cans upright during unexpected power shortages
- Adapts to unstable power supplies
- Reduces compressed air usage in plants
- Provides production buffer in a small footprint and balances line operation
- Reduces machine idle time, such as frequent label changes
- Minimizes chance of machine start-stop
- Reduces downtime to result in more machine availability
- Uses a continuous conveyor to make moving lightweight cans reliably smooth
Belt Edge Engagement
The DirectDrive System engages the belt edge directly with the drum, simplifying operation.
Load Reduction Zone
Their revolutionary load reduction zone prolongs the life of the belt and its components by significantly reducing tension and operating with zero slip.
DirectDrive Patented Design
Its dual-diameter configuration keeps the belt engaged with the drive teeth on the spiral drum.