Chirps Chips is a producer of tortilla chips made using sustainable cricket protein, with flavors including BBQ, Cheddar, and Sriracha.
Why eat insects? Six reasons you may want to try!
- Insects are delicious! From grasshopper tacos in Mexico to insect dishes as popular street food in Thailand, the United States is missing out on these delicacies. 80% of countries eat insects, and there are 1000+ varieties of edible insects to work with, all with different flavors and nutrition.
- Insects are the most efficient living creatures for converting feed to food: 25-lbs of feed will produce 1-lb of beef or 12-lbs of crickets.
- Fewer greenhouse gases: If we raised insects instead of cattle, we could reduce greenhouse gas emissions by as much as 60%.
- Water: It takes 2,600 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of beef but less than one gallon to produce one pound of mealworms.
- Health: Insects are high in protein, B vitamins and minerals like iron and zinc, and contain all 9 essential amino acids.
- No cruel factory farming: No hormones. No antibiotics. Just insects being insects. Eating insects is the most humane way to eat meat.
This list typically contains only production facilities related to the potato Industry, e.g. Potato Processing facilities