Wyma Hydro-Coolers quickly reduce the core temperature of fresh produce, extending shelf-life while preserving flavor and appearance.
Water is sprayed over a heat exchanger which is cooled to several degrees below freezing by refrigerant. As the water passes over the heat exchanger, the water cools to a user-set temperature.
Cooled water then floods down onto produce (loose or in bins). Water is collected in a tank at the base of the Hydro-Cooler for recycling.
Flow-through Hydro-Cooler for large plastic bins: Large bins travel by conveyor through the Hydro-Cooler tank. Produce is sprayed with cooled water. This model is great for bulk bin traceability.
For large tonnages, laned Hydro-Coolers are available (up to three lanes) to save space and cost.
At Wyma, we have an in-depth understanding of the post-harvest handling and cooling processes. Dwell time, equipment and refrigeration specifications are tailored to meet your needs.
- Quickly reduces core temperature of produce, extending shelf life and preserving flavor and appearance
- Sensor available to detect water level
- Variable speed-controlled conveyor allows for controlled colling time
- Stainless steel tank - strong and cleanable
- Integrated coils, no need for external heat exchanger