Martin Lishman-Barn Owl Wireless
Martin Lishman-Barn Owl Wireless is the most advanced automatic wireless grain monitoring and fan control system available. Combining the technology of cloud computing, cellular communication and radio transmission, a Barn Owl Wireless system is always up to date and able to work on any internet-enabled device.
Barn Owl Wireless reduces crop cooling time and store management energy and labour costs, and ensures crops remain in optimum condition. Barn Owl Wireless automatic fan control reduces cooling and drying energy bills by at least 40% since only air good enough to cool or dry the stored crop is used.
The Barn Owl Wireless webpage shows historical temperature and fan use data in graph or table format
- Web-based system– no software to install or on-site PC required.
- Automatic control – with independent control of each ventilation fan, using a range of programmes, providing significant energy cost savings
- Remote monitoring – avoids driving to stores to record temperatures or operate ventilation systems
- Verifiable data records – showing store temperature profile, ventilator usage, cooling costs
- Modular system– with no limit to the quantity of sensors or automatic controllers
The Barn Owl Wireless webpage reproduces the box store to show temperatures in each layer and identify areas requiring cooling or ventilation
- Temperature data in the crop store or silo is sent to the gateway
- Data is sent to the cloud via the GSM network
- Data on the webpage is accessed via the Internet
- Fan controls are selected on the webpage
- Fan controls are sent to the gateway
- Fan controls are sent to fan controllers to turn on/off cooling fans and extraction fans.
How Barn Owl Wireless works
Barn Owl Wireless Components
Barn Owl Wireless is a modular system with no limit to the quantity of sensing points in the crop or automatic control options for cooling or drying. Martin Lishman will always help with designing and building the most appropriate system for each store. The components shown below can used to make up a Barn Owl Wireless system for any situation! Contact us today to discuss your requirements.
Basic System Components
The Gateway is the communications hub of any Barn Owl Wireless system, loaded with a bespoke programme that ensures trouble-free operation. If the GSM network is out of action, the Gateway retains all sensor readings, continues automatic fan operation and transmits the data when communications are restored. Usually only one Gateway is required where the storage buildings being monitored are in close proximity.
Bridge units are mains powered transmitters that send data between the building where the Gateway is located and other storage buildings in close proximity. One Bridge is usually required for each additional building.
The Booster is a mains powered transmitter used as a staging point in an installation with large numbers of sensors or to increase the range between buildings, and ensures that data reaches the Gateway. Bridge units, Ambient Sensors and automatic controllers also carry out the same function, so the need for a Booster will depend on the overall installation set-up.
Gateway - with SIM card and aerial
Dimensions: 19.5 cm wide x 19.5 cm high x 9.5 cm deep plus 1m aerial extension cable
Power supply: 230v