TuberLog Electronic Potato
- All Products
- Processing Equipment
- Food Processing Sensors
- TuberLog Electronic Potato
Packhouses, processors, co-operatives and growers can all benefit from the quality control information which TuberLog provides. Built-in shock sensors measure and locate impacts that are likely sources of potato damage as it passes through machinery with real potatoes. The impact data is stored for download to a PC by a wireless Bluetooth interface or a wired USB connection.
TuberLog electronic potato is a powerful quality control tool which assists in the drive towards high quality potato production
The Economics of Damage and Bruising PreventionPotato bruising is a serious problem in potato production worldwide. Estimates indicate that more than 60% of some crops are damaged in some way. This leads to huge financial loss and a massive waste of crop.
The TuberLog electronic potato is an economically priced incentive for growers and processors to take preventive action and reduce their losses.
The TuberLog electronic potato is an acceleration measurement device which records impact forces received while moving with real potatoes during harvesting and processing and locates damage and bruise-causing parts of machinery (including washers). It comprises a data logger embedded in a synthetic shape designed to mimic the size, shape and density of a ware potato.
TuberLog registers impacts instantly when they occur both audibly in the operator’s headphones and displayed visually on the screen of an Android tablet. The operator watches the electronic potato as it passes through the machine and can immediately see the exact source of the impact.
Versions OfferedPotatoPro offers the following TuberLog packages:
- PTR 400 (Product Code: POT/PTR400)Data logger embedded in a synthetic shape designed to mimic the size, shape and density of a ‘ware’ potato, with replaceable sealing caps USB flash drive loaded with:
- TuberLog App suited to Android tablet or smartphone (not iOS)
- PC software for unlimited data download function
- Instruction manual in English, French, Spanish and German
- Bluetooth USB adapter; USB connection and charging cable; USB charging kit with multi-plug power supply and in-car adapter; strong carry case; instruction manual
- PTR 500 (Product Code: POT/PTR500) As PTR 400 above, with Android 8” Tablet, pre-loaded with TuberLog App
- Immediate results - Impact readings heard instantly and data viewed in real-time via Bluetooth interface on Android tablet or smartphone, using the App supplied
- Impacts and temperatures are all recorded
- Data download - the data can be stored in the logger and Android device or downloaded to a PC or laptop, using software supplied
- Time-stamp and repeat measurement functions allow easy identification and examination of the damage source
Suited to testing all potato handling situations
Specifications: Data logger
Weight: 165g; Dimensions: 93mm x 67mm x 53mm
Operating method: 3-axis shock sensor with sampling rate of 3000 Hz, selectable measurement period and pre-set peak value threshold. Data readout is wireless via Bluetooth interface or USB connection to a PC (using software supplied) or Android tablet or smartphone (using App supplied or downloadable from the App store).
Power: Rechargeable battery - charge life 10 hours to 1 month, depending on setting and level of use Bluetooth operating range: Approx. 20m if in line of sightCase dimensions: 30cm x 35.5cm x 9cm;
Weight full: 1.6Kg
Android tablet (pre-loaded with TuberLog App)
Type: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8” 32GB
Power: 5100mAh rechargeable battery. USB charging cable and plug supplied.
Tablet specifications may vary according to available model and manufacturer