Holland Innovative Potato (HIP) is a Dutch organisation of potato companies established to facilitate and coordinate joint pre-competitive research activities.
Participants include the six major potato processors operating in the Netherlands:
- Avebe (Potato Starch),
- Aviko (French Fries),
- Farm Frites (French Fries),
- McCain Foods (French Fries),
- Lamb Weston Meijer (French Fries) and
- Pepsico (Potato Chips),
four companies active in potato breeding:
and two associations representing the sector:
- the Nederlandse Aardappel Organisatie (NAO) and
- de Vereniging voor de Aardappel Verwerkende Industrie (VAVI).
Research is focused on improvement of the quality, yield and efficiency in the cultivation, logistics and processing of potatoes.
The objective is to create practical solutions for products and processes that can be implemented by 2027 in order to strengthen the position of the potato as a global food crop and to enable the potato supply chain to meet consumer demands.