Bluebird Foods (New Zealand) is recalling batches of its bags of potato chips - for the second time in three months.
The company is recalling five batches of its Original Cut potato chips, with best before dates in July and August this year, after finding some may contain plastic pieces.
This follows an earlier incident in April where some of its 18 multi-packs were thought to be contaminated with pieces of white plastic.
The affected batches:
- Bluebird Salt & Vinegar Original Cut Potato Chips 40g, 80g, 150g. Best before August 23, 2015
- Bluebird Ready Salted Original Cut Potato Chips 150g. Best before August 23, 2015
- Bluebird 10 Snack Packs (contains Salt & Vinegar, Ready Salted, Chicken Original Cut Potato Chips) (180g). Best before July 12, 2015 and July 19, 2015
- Bluebird Value 18 Snack Packs (contains Ready Salted, Salt & Vinegar, Sour Cream & Chives Original Cut Potato Chips) (324g). Best before July 12, 2015
- Bluebird Value 18 Snack Packs (contains Bluebird Salt & Vinegar Original Cut Potato Chips, Burger Rings, Twisties) (324g). Best before July 12, 2015 and July 19, 2015.
Bluebird is advising customers to check the batch information located on the product packaging and to not eat any that match those on the recall list.
It is also advising any customers with any concerns to contact their doctor or seek medical advice.
Customers can return the product to their retailer for a full refund or phone Bluebird on 0800 762 324.