The FAM Tridis™ 180P is a medium-high capacity tridimensional dicer designed for the processing of potatoes in French fries, small sticks and dices. It produces a very clean cut of flat and crinkle French fries of white and sweet potatoes, at medium-high volumes.
The inside of the impeller wheel is large enough to accept a 180 mm | 7.087" long potato. This feature combined with the especially designed infeed chute contributes to the ability to make excellent and long cuts.
For the fresh market, very smooth flat cut French fries can be produced. The FAM Tridis 180P is equipped with technology that helps avoid fracturing and feathered edges whether abrasive or steam peeled potatoes are processed.
For the frozen market, also crinkle and deep crinkle French fries can be produced at capacities up to 5 tons per hour based on a 11 mm | 0.433" cut size.
A newly designed infeed chute helps pre-positioning the potatoes in front of each impeller blade. This is essential if long potatoes are to be cut at their full length.
Furthermore the FAM Tridis 180P can also produce a wide range of dices from 3 mm | 1/8" up to 25 mm | 63/64" which makes it a very versatile and flexible machine.
- The FAM Tridis™ 180P is a dicer designed for fresh and frozen French fry processors looking for medium-high capacity. This machine is specifically designed for strip cutting flat and crinkle cut strips out of white potatoes and/or sweet potatoes.
- Optimal product transit, high passage speed, minimum path length and no obstructions, result in medium-high capacities from 1 500 kg (3 300 lbs) to 6000 kg (13 200 lbs) per hour.
- The inside of the impeller wheel is large enough to accept a 180 mm long potato. This feature combined with the especially designed infeed chute contributes to the ability to make excellent and long cuts.
- The simplicity of the design, incorporating the quick changeover of cutting tools due to the "Set-and-Forget" principle and a smart sanitary design, facilitate thorough and fast cleaning.
- Long lifetime blades and reduced maintenance costs are key for the food processor who is aiming to produce French fries in a cost effective way.
A wide variety of cutting tools make slicing, strip cutting and dicing possible with only one machine.
First a slicing knife produces slices at the selected thickness. Next, feedstars guide the product towards the crosscut spindle that will make the final cut.
This set-up guarantees flawless quality:
- square cross-section
- no taper, nor slanted cut
- maximum length of the fries
Machine Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions basic machine (LxWxH): 1 580,00 x 1 597,00 x 1 593,00 mm | 5ft 2.205" x 5ft 2.874" x 5ft 2.717"
Weight basic machine: 560 kg | 1,235 lbs
Power: 2,20 kW | 2.95 hp
Cut Shapes & Sizes
Cut shapes: Slices, strips and dices
- Flat slices: 1,60 mm | 1/16" - 25 mm | 63/64"
- Crinkle slices: up to 25 mm | 63/64"
- Strip cuttting: circular knife cuts: 3 mm | 1/8" - 60 mm | 2 23/64" , crosscut knife cuts: 3 mm | 1/8" - 65 mm | 2 9/16"
- Dices: flat cut: 3 mm | 1/8" to 25 mm | 63/64" , crinkle cut: 7,10 mm | 0.28" - 16 mm | 0.63"
Capacity: 150 kg | 331 lbs to 600 kg | 1,323 lbs / per mm / per hour depending on product & operating condition